AnDrea's Research Blog

Call me Ishmael..... Well, tonight I finally decided to "pen" my blog.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Writing about Writing: My Lit Review Woes

I hated my first lit review for this project. It was disjointed. It was awful. I can't stand to read it without skipping to the end. It seemed I couldn't rein in the herd of CU research possibilities. they were everywhere: stampeding all about, crapping on my shoes, keeping me up all night with that infernal mooing...okay, maybe it wasn't that bad. Still, the issue of education, learning, knowledge, and who does it BETTER becomes quite complex when it comes to the issue of learning on the job. In many ways, the university has turned its face to the corporate sun and seems to gain its strength from it. Yet, the university complains of the burns it receives from getting too close to the corporate mindset. Conversely, the company store expects the best of the "stock" that universities can produce, but they insist upon development programs that devalue the characteristics which makes that stock valuable. At the time of my first attempt at a review, I was afraid to approach this issue -- not because of the controversy (I live for controversy) but because I didn't know how or if I should reduce this to a research question for my project.

Now, I know it wouldn't make any sense to do the project unless this question is included.

So, my second try at a lit review began, and I attempted this question. So far, it seems okay. You let me know what you think about it.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, November 06, 2005 8:47:00 PM, Blogger florenb said...

hi Drea,

how's your corporate stuff coming along? i am still in the process of mining sources myself... oh, it seems a bit endless but i know i should stop sooner or later, else, it would even be harder to narrow things down.

anyway, going back to your topic, i am interested to know what the research question you've managed to come up with is. does it have something to do with incompatibility of 'values'(?) or learning outcomes between a regular state university and that of a corporate univ? (e.g. the way both types of institutions value collaborative writing, etc.)... well, i am not sure what am saying. am just throwing things in the air. hope am not causing you more confusion. disregard this at the slightest chance it does.

let's talk wednesday.

see ya,
florence
researcher05

excess: i just slept for 12 hours yesterday and i feel sssoooo good :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home